[mapserver-users] changing dynamically LABEL BACKGROUNDCOLOR

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 02:23:31 EST 2011

Before starting to implement something extensive around label
BACKGROUNDCOLOR, you should be aware that this keyword will not be
supported anymore starting from version 6.0.

it is replaced with a

STYLE
  GEOMTRANSFORM LABELPOLY
  COLOR r g b
END

which greatly extends the possibilities of styling the label
background (e.g. outlinecolor, symbol, offset, opacity, etc...), as
all the keywords relating to STYLE are applicable.

regards,

thomas