[mapserver-users] Re: MapServer 6 - CGI but php mapscript not

psoots psoots at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 03:23:48 EDT 2011

I am having the same issue.

The problem is related to compiling MapServer. These warnings are scattered
throughout my output when I run make:

*warning: implicit declaration of function 'zval_set_isref_p'*

Clearly the function isn't defined anywhere and I have no idea where to find
it.

I know my configurations are correct. I ran ldd on php_mapscript.so and
nothing seemed to be missing. If zval_set_isref_p is a zend function, I
couldn't find it anywhere in the zend files in my /usr/include/php/Zend
directory. Could it be that MapServer is relying on an old version of Zend?

Another possibility that I've read about in the
http://mapserver.org/installation/php.html#faq-common-problems php MapServer
FAQ  is that php wasn't configured to load dynamic libraries. However, I am
running on a shared host and didn't personally compile php. I'd like to
avoid having to build my own custom php if I can. Is there a way to
determine if php was configured this way or not?

I'd even settle for finding the definition of zval_set_isref_p and putting
it in all the necessary c files just to get the darn thing to compile
properly.

SETUP:

My server is BlueHost (Fedora, I think).
MapServer 6
PHP 5.2.17 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.7 (cgi-fcgi)
Zend Engine v2.2.0 with Zend Optimizer v3.3.9