[mapserver-users] Installing PHP MapScript with MapServer 6.0.0-3 and PHP 5.3.6 on Mac OS X 10.6.8

Léo D. leo_dumont at yahoo.fr
Mon Jul 4 10:18:25 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I've installed MapServer 6.0.0-3 (thanks to the installer from
http://www.kyngchaos.com) on my local computer, which I'm guessing is
working since that when I'm going to http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv? with
my browser I can see this error : "No query information to decode.
QUERY_STRING is set, but empty." which means MapServer is working, right ?

I'd like to use MapServer through the PHP MapScript. My installation seems
ok for my phpinfo() displays a MapScript section. But when I'm running "php
-m" command in my shell, there is no mention of MapScript in the list of
modules, I'm guessing something is going wrong here but I've failed to find
out what it could be.

The Apache version on my mac is 2.2.17 and I'm running PHP 5.3.6.

I've tried to make this
http://mapserver.org/mapscript/php/by_example.html#php-example example  work
(I've of course changed the pathes in the MapFile so that they match to my
local files), but despite my efforts it doesn't. And the script is not
returning any error message, just an empty page.

Any idea to help me solve that ?
Thanks for your help !

Léo D.