[mapserver-users] PHP mapscript shapefile query with multiple filters

Charlie Allgrove charlie.allgrove at connectionservices.com
Mon Jul 4 12:15:57 EDT 2011

Hi

I have a shapefile containing almost 250k points in 3 cols
(lat/long/sitetype).

I need to use PHP mapscript to query that file to tell me how many points of
a given type are present in a given rectangle.

The script will either tell me the number of points in rectangle, OR points
of a given type, but never both...

Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to post the datafile anywhere, but the gist
of the PHP is here:

<snip>

$lstrMapPath = "/path/to/shapefile";

$lstrOutput = "";

$lobjMap = ms_newMapObj($lstrMapPath);

$lobjLayer = $lobjMap->getLayerByName("layer1");

if(!$lobjLayer) {

                exit; // errors handled elsewhere

}

$lobjLayer->open();

/* THIS WORKS */

@$lobjLayer->queryByRect($lobjRect);

$lintCount = $lobjLayer->getNumResults();

/* THIS ALSO WORKS - BUT NOT IF THE queryByRect() is enabled above */

/*

@$lobjLayer->queryByAttributes('sitetype','8',MS_MULTIPLE);

$lintCount = $lobjLayer->getNumResults();

*/

$lstrOutput = "layer".$k.":".$lintCount;

$lobjLayer->close();

echo $lstrOutput;

</snip>

Any pointers would be gratefully received!

Cheers

Charlie