[mapserver-users] Installing PHP MapScript with MapServer 6.0.0-3 and PHP 5.3.6 on Mac OS X 10.6.8

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Jul 4 10:46:13 EDT 2011

PHP 5.3 doesn't allow extension loading from scripts now without compiling support for it into PHP and enabling it in php.ini.  Unfortunately, I could not get that to work for my PHP package, so you must load extensions from php.ini with:

extension=php_mapscript.so

I need to add a note about this to my MapServer package, or make the installer do it.