[mapserver-users] MapWindow and MapServer output

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jul 12 09:40:59 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I would like to hear feedback from the MapServer community on the status
of the MapWindow project and its support for exporting to MapServer .map
files.  (aside: I am a long-time QGIS user and lover, but a potential
project could involve MapWindow indirectly)

I see that a "MapServer Project Generator" plugin does exist
(http://www.mapwindow.org/downloads/index.php?show_details=27), created
in the year 2007; but I am wondering if it is still actively maintained
(such as: is MapServer 6.0 supported?)

If anyone has any experience or advice before I travel down this path
please share your thoughts :)

Thanks!

-jeff

--