[mapserver-users] defresolution & resolution in 6.0

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:31:30 EDT 2011

thomas,

Thank you for your reply. This link should produce an image with lines rendered:

http://maps.hscounty.com/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=MAP_15_MAIN&layers=ownership&mode=map&map.defresolution=72&map.resolution=144

This is the same except with map.resolution=100 and lines are not
rendered, image is blank:

http://maps.hscounty.com/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=MAP_15_MAIN&layers=ownership&mode=map&map.defresolution=72&map.resolution=100

When map.defresolution=72, any value for map.resolution between 73 and
143 fails to render lines. Similarly when map.defresolution=10, any
value for map.resolution between 11 and 19 fails to render lines.

You can easily change defresolution and resolution in the URL yourself
to see the behavior.

If you consider this a bug I am happy to file a ticket, but I'd like
another set of eyes on it before I do so.

Thank you,
Rich