[mapserver-users] WMS Service error

qazi iqbal qazi.iqbal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:51:37 EDT 2011

I need help. I have created a mapfile for creating webservice or a shapefile
through WMS according to the documentation. When I add the WMS server in
ArcCatalog to see the layer, it show the treeview to the description of
layer, but when I click on the layer, it gives me the below error.

The selected object failed to draw:
Test Web Service: WMS service exceptions:-Service Error Code:InvalidFormat
Service Error Description: msWMSLoadGetmapParams(): WMS server error.
Invalid format for EXCEPTION paramater.
-Service Error Code:InvalidFormat.

Does any one know what I am doing wrong.

I appreciate any help.
Thanks
Qazi Iqbal