[mapserver-users] Re: Can't WFS getFeature w/MapServer 6.0.1

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Wed Jul 20 16:02:31 EDT 2011

Is it possible that this post and Michelle Douvil's
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/ArcSDE-9-3-1-QUERYMAP-QUERY-or-GETFEATUREINFO-not-workin-Mapserver-6-td6600091.html
are having the same problem?

I ask because a co-worker has tried using MS4W 3.0.3 to do a WMS
GetFeatureInfo request and he gets an error ("mapserv.exe has encountered a
problem and needs to close.") when the Mapfile is using SDE to access the
data, but it works fine when he uses a Shapefile...kind of like what's
happening to me with my WFS GetFeature query on Linux.

Further to my own problem, I now have a 5.6.3 compiled with debug also and,
using Data Display Debugger, find that in 5.6.3 the connection and stream
properties of  layer->layerinfo are 0x0 just before the point of failure in
6.0.1 but when I break at the same location with 6.0.1, there are addresses
still referenced there. Like I said in my previous post, SDE appears to
believe the connection has been closed successfully and given the error gdb
gave it's almost like the connection has already been closed but the address
not cleared from the pointer.

I don't know. I'm grasping at straws here and hoping someone who knows more
about the SDE connection code can provide some guidance.