[mapserver-users] wms time problem

Luana Valentini luanavalentini at hotmail.it
Thu Jul 21 09:19:40 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I'm using MapServer to serve a building shapefile, in which ? have stored
in the attribute table a 'date of construction' and a 'date of
demolition'.
At the client side we have OpenLayers and some Javascript to let the
user chose a certain year and see only those buildings that have a
'date of construction' <= t and 'date of demolition' > t.
This cannot be done using only wms with time support because I cannot
compare the chosen year with both the 'date of construction' and the
'date of demolition' at the same time.
As I can see, it can be easily done with a CQL filter in GeoServer and
I'm wondering if it possible to solve this problem also in
MapServer... Is it possible to overcome the problem only using wfs filtering?

Thank you very much!

Luana