[mapserver-users] Re: How I solve This Exception

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 02:28:33 EST 2011

On Friday, March 4, 2011 at 1:23 AM, Sumit Sharma wrote:
Even to me it seems that you are missing some dll. Best way to identify is
> load you libmap.dll in dependency walker. It will give you good idea what
> you are missing.
> -Sumit
>
> --

Is anyone else bothered by messages such as above? The thread has been usurped by Nabble, and basically has absolutely no context. Even the subject line was terribly uninformative to start with ("How do I solve This Exception"), and the reply didn't quote the message. It completely defeats the purpose of the MapServer mailing list archives, the attention of the rest of the users on the list, is not informative, not instructive, and just plain unhelpful albeit well-intentioned.

If you ask a question, please use subject lines that say something about the question.

If you use Nabble to reply, please quote the original message so other list members have something to hang their hat on.

Help grow the MapServer knowledgebase by making it richer and more complete instead of sucking the life out of it and sticking it in Nabble.

--
Puneet Kishor