[mapserver-users] Studio - admin tool for MapServer

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Wed Mar 9 11:09:15 EST 2011

Hi

With this email we're announcing the first release of Studio, an admin
tool for MapServer. Studio basically allows editing MapServer
Mapfiles, using an easy-to-use web-based interface.

Relevant links:

- Google Group <http://groups.google.com/group/studio-discuss>
- Documentation <http://camptocamp.github.com/Studio/>
- Demo <http://demo.mapfish.org/studio/>
- Code base <https://github.com/camptocamp/Studio>
- Studio on PyPI <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Studio>

Instructions for installing Studio are provided in the documentation
at <http://camptocamp.github.com/Studio/installation_guide.html>.

We at Camptocamp started working on Studio two years ago, but, for
various reasons, weren't able to make an actual release of Studio at
the time. With this 0.5 release we want to measure the interest for
such a tool; we know there's still work to be done before reaching a
1.0 release. We're therefore encouraging interested folks to test
Studio, sign up to the Google Group, and provide feedback.

Thanks,

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS