[mapserver-users] MapServer and Guid USING UNIQUE

Roger Bedell sylvanascent at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 06:35:16 EST 2011

Thanks Till, however, here is the trace from the ODBC tracer, pretty obvious
what is going on:

          DIAG [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
Server]Insufficient result space to convert uniqueidentifier value to char.
(8170)

Guids generally take up 36 characters when converted to a string, and the
Select statement only has room for 20.

Since this is a SQL specific query, my guess it is being generated in the
sql spatial driver?

Roger

          HSTMT               0x0589B310
          UCHAR *             0x05E1A990 [      -3] "SELECT
Feature.STAsBinary(),convert(varchar(20), PKey) from MetesAndBoundsHeader
WHERE Feature.STIntersects(Geometry::STGeomFromText('POLYGON((-104.18599
29.2473266843318,-93.22438 29.2473266843318,-93.22438
41.3707663156682,-104.18599 41.3707663156682,-104.18599
29.2473266843318))',4326)) = 1 \ 0"
          SDWORD                    -3