[mapserver-users] MapServer 6.0.0-beta1 release - Please test!

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Thu Mar 10 14:03:20 EST 2011

On 3/9/2011 8:47 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> The MapServer Team is pleased to announce the release of MapServer
> 6.0.0-beta1. This is the first beta on our way to a final 6.0 release.

I cannot get perl mapscript to work.

my code:

$x = $map->OWSDispatch( $owreq );
if ($x)
{
	print STDERR "ERROR: OWSDispatch: $x\n";
	my $errObj = new mapscript::errorObj();
	while ($errObj) {
		print STDERR "ERROR:
$errObj->{code}:$errObj->{message}:$errObj->{routine} \n";
		$errObj = $errObj->next();
	}
}

my $content_type = mapscript::msIO_stripStdoutBufferContentType();
$x = mapscript::msIO_getStdoutBufferBytes();

This is a test script, and the first problem is I'm not passing any
arguments to OWSDispatch.  Prior versions errored out and reported:

ERROR: OWSDispatch: 1
ERROR: 12:OWS Common exception: exceptionCode=MissingParameterValue,
locator=SERVICE, ExceptionText=SERVICE parameter missing.:msOWSDispatch()

Ver 6 however reports:

ERROR: OWSDispatch: 2
ERROR: 0::

Looks like OWSDispatch returned a 2, but the mapscript::errorObj stuff
did not get set.

(when I do pass arguments to OWSDispatch I still get an error but with
no errorObj descriptions I have no idea whats wrong)

Oh, and shp2img works ok.

-Andy