[mapserver-users] MapServer 6.0.0-beta1 release - Error with $point->setXY()

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Thu Mar 10 17:42:12 EST 2011

I tried the MS 6beta1 from SVN (the osgeo download site is not responding).

The first error I found in PHP Mapscript was related to the function
setXY() for point objects, the following code causes a segmentation
fault (something like "child pid 16057 exit signal Segmentation fault
(11)" in the Apache error log):

$pnt = new PointObj();
$pnt->setXY(250,200);

Same problem appears when creating the point with the old syntax
$pnt = ms_newPointObj();

The environment is Ubuntu 10.04, PHP 5.3.5 and Apache2 prefork (PHP as DSO).

regards
armin