[mapserver-users] showing line direction (without font)

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Mar 17 12:53:26 EDT 2011

On 3/17/2011 10:37 AM, Clément MONIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to display a layer of lines with direction’s marks using
> MapServer ?
>
> With no “font trick” (i.e a char symbol like ‘>’,…)
>
> See picture attached showing a nice sample

I have tried to do this but I think it is possible maybe like this.

1. You need the arrow head as a symbol, probably pointing north.
2. you can use the GEOMTRANSFORM START or END in the STYLE to place the
arrow symbol
3. Set ANGLE AUTO to align with vector

Sorry, I don't have time right now to test this out.

-Steve W