[mapserver-users] Restrict WMS operations

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Mar 21 12:26:17 EDT 2011

On 11-03-21 1:01 PM, aznan wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm a new Mapserver user and I'm trying to figure out how to make my WMS
> server only accept GetCapabilities and GetMap requests.
>
> The documentation at http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html says that
> GetLegendGraphic requires a LEGEND object in the map file. I've been looking
> at the examples in the OGC workshop and I tried to remove LEGEND from
> config.map but GetLegendGraphic still shows up in the capabilities response
> and a request still returns the blue squiggly line and 'Rivers' image. I
> don't even know where to begin restricting GetFeatureInfo and the other
> operations.
>
> Please help!

Hello,

Regarding restricting WMS requests, take a look at the functionality
that is upcoming in the MapServer 6.0 release:
http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-67.html  You should be able
to try this on your platform, as MapServer 6.0-beta2 was just released.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/