[mapserver-users] Reaspect?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Nov 1 17:01:22 EDT 2011

Hi,

Reaspect does not seem to do anything with Mapserver acting as WMS server.  The example here http://mapserver.org/trunk/faq.html is for Mapserver acting as a WMS client and reading data from some ArcIMS servers.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

SixDegrees wrote:

> Can someone provide an example of what the 'reaspect' parameter of a wms
request will do when Mapserver receives it in a GetMap request? As I
understand it (poorly) the WIDTH and HEIGHT will remain the same, but if
'reaspect=true' the BBOX may be adjusted so the aspect ratio of the
projected image is preserved and WIDTH and HEIGHT just specify a "window"
onto this "correctly" proportioned rendering, while if 'reaspect=false' the
BBOX is retained along with WIDTH and HEIGHT and the image is
stretched/squished to fit. Is this correct, or am I completely
misunderstanding this?

> Also, if the above is true and 'reaspect=true' is set, how is the "window"
defined by WIDTH and HEIGHT placed onto the image? Is it centered with
respect to the BBOX? Placed against one of the corners? Or something else
altogether?