[mapserver-users] Re: CLUSTER and GetFeatureInfo

Florian D. diederichs at a3mobile.com
Thu Nov 3 12:49:45 EDT 2011

Hi Tamas,

I played around a little bit with a clustered Layer that has
"CLUSTER_GET_ALL_SHAPES=ON" and "ITEMS=id" as processing options. I'm using
trunk of course, and i noticed one thing:

I have a cluster that is made up of 2 features. When i make a feature info
request to the cluster, it returns GML. The GML contains two items:

<msGMLOutput
	<test_layer>
		<test_feature>
			<id>394</id>
			<Cluster:FeatureCount></Cluster:FeatureCount>
		</test_feature>
		<test_feature>
			<id></id>
			<Cluster:FeatureCount>2</Cluster:FeatureCount>
		</test_feature>
	</test_layer>
</msGMLOutput>

As you can see, the first feature is returned correctly. However the second
feature doesn't have its original attributes, but instead has the cluster's
attributes. When i test this in different scenarios, i always end up with
one missing feature - the one that has "become" the cluster (not sure about
the implementation details).

Have you maybe experienced the same behavior or do you have an idea why this
is happening. Maybe i'm just missing something in the Mapfile. I could
deliver some SQL + Mapfile to reproduce this, if needed.

Thanks
Florian