[mapserver-users] Layer specific encoding - GetFeatureInfo

Frode Wiseth Jørgensen frodewj at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 12:10:43 EST 2011

I'm from one of those countries that unfortunately deals with letters
outside of A-Z, like ÆØÅ.

Case:

I have av WMS service with various layers based on Shapefiles and PostGIS.
Some of the datasets are in UTF8, some in LATIN1.

When I'm passing a GetFeatureInfo request with
INFO_FORMAT=application/vnd.ogc.gml and a commaseparated list of
QUERY_LAYERS the results is not so good because of the mix of UTF8 and
LATIN1 in the output XML.

The LABEL object have ENCODING as an option that deals with output related
to such issues but not the LAYER object (as far as I can see).

Is it possible for instance to state on the LAYER object the encoding of
the current layer and that the respons from all GetFeatureInfo request
should be in UTF8?
Any good advice related to this?

Thanks
Frode