[mapserver-users] Layer specific encoding - GetFeatureInfo

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Nov 7 15:48:05 EST 2011

There is no direct support for this in MapServer yet, but there is a
ticket with a possible patch attached to it at:

There was also a discussion about a tighter integration (not limited to
WFS) of this type of encoding support in MapServer at the code sprint in
Denver, but I don't think anyone has followed up with an implementation yet.

On 11-11-07 12:10 PM, Frode Wiseth Jørgensen wrote:
> I'm from one of those countries that unfortunately deals with letters
> outside of A-Z, like ÆØÅ.
>

> Case:
>
> I have av WMS service with various layers based on Shapefiles and
> PostGIS. Some of the datasets are in UTF8, some in LATIN1.
>
> When I'm passing a GetFeatureInfo request with
> INFO_FORMAT=application/vnd.ogc.gml and a commaseparated list of
> QUERY_LAYERS the results is not so good because of the mix of UTF8 and
> LATIN1 in the output XML.
>

> The LABEL object have ENCODING as an option that deals with output
> related to such issues but not the LAYER object (as far as I can see).
>

> Is it possible for instance to state on the LAYER object the encoding of
> the current layer and that the respons from all GetFeatureInfo request
> should be in UTF8?
>
> Any good advice related to this?
>

> Thanks
> Frode