[mapserver-users] subsetted output, but I don't want that

kablukiw kablukiw at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 14:32:59 EST 2011

I am new to mapserver and am experiencing difficulty with the output being
generated by mapserv.exe (using OSGeo4W). The output I am getting is showing
a subset of the original image even though I am not specifying any extents
that would indicate I want anything other than the full image.

The source file is a global image 1440x720 and the output I get is also
1440x720 but is showing only the bottom left 180x90 pixels of the source
image resized to 720x360 and placed in the upper right of the output image.

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6979235/test.png example output

It seems as if the EXTENT is affecting the extent of the output but I'm not
sure how. I am currently testing this from the cmd line with the following
(I have seen the same issue when testing this mapfile with OpenLayers):

mapserv.exe -nh
"QUERY_STRING=map=c:/OSGeo4W/apache/htdocs/kevin/lst.map&mode=map" >
test.png

My map file:

MAP
    NAME "LST"
    SIZE 1440 720
    EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
    UNITS DD
    SHAPEPATH "c:/OSGeo4W/apache/htdocs/kevin/"
    IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
    IMAGETYPE PNG
    STATUS ON
    DEBUG ON

    LAYER
        NAME "LST"
        TYPE RASTER
        STATUS DEFAULT
        DATA "lst_1440.png"
	OFFSITE 0 0 0
    END # LAYER
END # MAP

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Kevin