[mapserver-users] a question re. gdallocationinfo

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 13:55:52 EST 2011

dunno if this is the right place to ask, but Frank W. hangs around here, so here goes...

I am quite enjoying querying some of my raster datasets via gdallocationinfo. Works quite well, which makes me want to do the following --

1. Have gdallocationinfo be aware of the NODATA value in the data set so it returns something predictable such as "NO DATA" or "" or whatver.

2. Currently gdallocationinfo queries only a point. I would like it to query a polygon, and return summary info for the area... perhaps statistics, a histogram, and the like.

Any suggestions on how either of the above could be accomplished?

Many thanks,

--
Puneet Kishor