[mapserver-users] Raster image performance

Ian Walberg ian.walberg at airborne.aero
Sat Nov 12 14:33:47 EST 2011

Frank,

We currently have the whole earth split into 4 files using 1Km resolution Blue Marble) images.

There are overviews in the images we are currently using but these do not match exactly the output resolution we need they will be resized so there is  a hit there. We are trying to work out how to resize the overviews so that there is an exact match the zoom levels we are using but our attempts yesterday did not work as I could not make sense of how gdalallo scales the overviews.

Also does anyone out there understand how the image save process works? We are using php mapscript and the saveImage function takes longer than we would expect compared to other image utilities/programs we are using on the same hardware. We do not need any specific image format and do not require compression so the image save should be very quick.

Thanks

Ian