[mapserver-users] Attribute query at geographic coordinate

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Nov 14 00:05:38 EST 2011

Hi,

For me this sounds like being something for some mapscript variant http://mapserver.org/mapscript/index.html for doing the special server side queries and formatting the output.  WMS GetFeatureInfo is not the most natural way to do this even it might work by doing a little bit of tweaking.  WFS GetFeature with ogc:Contains filter should suit for doing the queries but formatting the output in a way you want could be difficult. The defaul format is GML.

Do all your layers have a similar schema (like being measurement data from different dates) or can they all be different? And do your users need to select which layers of those 500+ to query or would the service return always info about all the available layers?

-Jukka Rahkonen-