[mapserver-users] Attribute query at geographic coordinate

Fawcett, David (MPCA) David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Mon Nov 14 15:50:31 EST 2011

If you didn't need to use WFS and just wanted to do MapServer queries, you could put together a template that would build you a list.  Take a look at the examples on this page:  http://mapserver.org/output/template_output.html

The JSON example is probably the most applicable.

Like others have mentioned, 500 data layers won't be efficient, so you may want to explore other data organization ideas.

David.