[mapserver-users] Attribute query at geographic coordinate

Matt McClelland matt at wildwalks.com
Mon Nov 14 17:32:14 EST 2011

Hi Peter

I wonder if cartoDB(.com) would be a better product for you. It is similar
in nature to Google Fusion Tables.  It is open source and free.  It seems
fast you can load geodata into the system then via an API send a SQL
statement including your lat and long.  This will return results in several
formats including json. This gives option may give you a bit more
flexibility. It is still in fairly early stages of developments but seems
very good so far.  They offer a free trial account for a small amount of
data, enough for your proof of concept.  Then you can either pay for a
hosted account or download the software and set up your own.  This tool can
also render map files based on your query.

Hope that helps a bit.

Matt  :)

Matt McClelland
mob: 0411 306 650