[mapserver-users] Problem with Variable Substitution for EXPRESSION

Prabu Raja prab.raja at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 05:28:30 EST 2011

Hi,

I need to compare one attribute from database table in "EXPRESSION" (under
"LAYER") with six different values passed as Variable Substitution  for
coloring the layer.

I did added validation for those variables in the map file, but for some
reason I am getting the below error.

*msValidateParameter(): Regular expression error. Parameter pattern
validation failed.*
*msEvalRegex(): Regular expression error. String failed expression test.*
*msValidateParameter(): Regular expression error. Parameter pattern
validation failed.*
*
*
Could anyone help me with where I am wrong? Below is the map file content
for this layer.

All the six variables would be numbers (may be a decimal number), Is my
regular expression correct?

WEB
   VALIDATION
      value_one     "^[\d+(\.\d)]*$"
      value_two     "^[\d+(\.\d)]*$"
      value_three   "[^\d+(\.\d)]*$"
      value_four    "[^\d+(\.\d)]*$"
      value_five    "[^\d+(\.\d)]*$"
      value_six     "[^\d+(\.\d)]*$"
   END
END

LAYER
   NAME "state"
   TYPE polygon
   STATUS ON
   CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
   CONNECTION  "user=postgres password=****** dbname=shpdb host=localhost
port=5432"
   DATA "the_geom FROM  (SELECT gid, the_geom, totpop1 FROM state_shape) AS
SUBQUERY using unique gid"
   PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
   CLASSITEM "totpop1"
   OPACITY 100
   CLASS
  EXPRESSION ([TOTPOP1] >= %value_one% AND [TOTPOP1] < %value_two%)
  STYLE
 COLOR 255 108 118
 OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
  END
   END
   CLASS
      EXPRESSION ([TOTPOP1] >= %value_two% AND [TOTPOP1] < %value_three%)
  STYLE
 COLOR 254 189 75
 OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
  END
   END
   CLASS
  EXPRESSION ([TOTPOP1] >= %value_three% AND [TOTPOP1] < %value_four%)
  STYLE
 COLOR 254 247 46
 OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
  END
   END
   CLASS
  EXPRESSION ([TOTPOP1] >= %value_four% AND [TOTPOP1] < %value_five%)
  STYLE
 COLOR 39 251 114
 OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
  END
   END
   CLASS
  EXPRESSION ([TOTPOP1] >= %value_five% AND [TOTPOP1] <= %value_six%)
  STYLE
 COLOR 108 111 205
 OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
  END