[mapserver-users] Mapserver /tmp files appearing all of a sudden w/CONTEXT parameter used

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Fri Nov 18 14:56:40 EST 2011

Hello all!!

For years now, we have been using an "empty" mapfile to create an image from
WMC Contexts. This continues to work fine but, all of a sudden within the
last week or so, we've started seeing a buildup of temporary files (under
the /tmp directory) that Mapserver is creating when we do this. The content
of each temporary file is the content of the WMC whose URL is being passed
in the request.

The contents of our "empty" mapfile is included below and a typical request
would look something like this:
http://<myserver>/ogc/wmsContextServer?MODE=map&CONTEXT=http://<anotherserver>/contexts/<somecontext>.xml&LAYERS=*

Any ideas where to look for what might have changed in the environment that
these files are appearing here all of a sudden? I thought perhaps someone
had changed the IMAGEPATH/IMAGEURL values located in the INCLUDEd
"imagepath.inc.map" file but no, that's the same as it ever was.

Does anyone know what the code is doing when a CONTEXT parameter is passed
to know what might make it, all of a sudden, start writing to a given
directory? I'm assuming these temporary files have always been written
somewhere but don't know what configuration parameter directs them where.
Or, if they weren't being written previously (just worked with in memory
somehow) what configuration setting would all of sudden make it start
actually saving the context contents to files?

Any ideas or pointers of where to look would be gratefully accepted. I can't
find what's changed...

Cheers,
jtm

MAP
  NAME "wmsContextServer"
  FONTSET "../../../mapserv/etc/fonts.txt"
  SYMBOLSET "../../../mapserv/etc/symbols.sym"
  SIZE 400 300
  STATUS ON
  IMAGETYPE PNG
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  EXTENT -2338951 -800000 3008692 3900000
  UNITS METERS
  CONFIG "CGI_CONTEXT_URL" "1"
  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:42304"
  END

  RESOLUTION 96

  REFERENCE
    # Parameter settings NOT to change
    STATUS          ON
    COLOR           -1 -1 -1
    OUTLINECOLOR    255 0 0
    # Parameter settings that will change if you replace the default
'refmap.png'
    IMAGE           "../htdocs/images/refmap.png"
    SIZE            100 74
    EXTENT          -2.2e+006 -712631 3.0728e+006 3.84e+006
  END # REFERENCE

  SCALEBAR
    STATUS EMBED
    INTERVALS 1
    POSITION LL
    TRANSPARENT false
    UNITS kilometers
    STYLE 1
    SIZE 100 7
    LABEL
      SIZE small
    END
  END

  WEB
    INCLUDE "../../../mapserv/conf/imagepath.inc.map"
    METADATA
      # Used for App Page Title
      "wms_title" "WMC Context Client"
      "wms_connectiontimeout" "60"