[mapserver-users] Re: QGis 'Zoom to best scale' Not Working

SixDegrees paulcarlisle at comcast.net
Tue Nov 22 05:54:59 EST 2011

Thank you. I added wms_resx and wms_resy to my mapfile with reasonable values
(and some unreasonable ones, just as tests). This makes no difference. When
I make a GetCapabilities request, the layer's bounding box is correct but it
does NOT contain the resx or resy settings, as I believe it should.

I don't know if this is a problem in my mapfile or in MapServer. My mapfile
layer looks like this (file names changed for proprietary reasons):

LAYER
   NAME "MyImage"
   GROUP "MyGroup"
   EXTENT 75.80425 35.304 76.01625 35.476
   METADATA
      "wms_title" "MyImage"
      "wms_group_title" "MyGroup"
      "wms_extent" "75.80425 35.304 76.01625 35.476"
      "wms_srs" "EPSG:4326"
      "wms_resx" "1.0" # Note: these values are for testing only. The actual
values have
      "wms_resy" "1.0" # also been tried, with no success. They are
5.90139233796e-06, -4.85244300668e-06
   END
   PROCESSING "SCALE=AUTO"
   PROCESSING "SCALE_BUCKETS=256"
   TYPE RASTER
   DATA "MyImage.vrt"
   PROJECTION
      "+proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +towgs84=0,0,0,0,0,0,0 +no_defs"
   END
END

Rahkonen Jukka wrote