[mapserver-users] Re: Mapserver /tmp files appearing all of a sudden w/CONTEXT parameter used

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Nov 23 19:29:42 EST 2011

On 11/23/2011 5:16 PM, myOpenLayersUName wrote:
> Well, I've tried debugging Mapserver to figure this out and have learned a
> couple of things...but I still haven't solved the problem re: why these tmp
> files are suddenly appearing in the /tmp directory.
>
> I thought perhaps that some debugging had gotten turned on somewhere to
> cause those files to appear now, but learned, as I stepped through
> mapcontext.c and maphttp.c that the context file is always written out in
> this process. It's simply the "caching" location that dictates where.
>
> So, I went looking around and determined that up until 2 weeks ago, these
> files were being written to a directory called "ogc_tmp". That directory is
> the one we point to with the IMAGEPATH/IMAGEURL parameters included in the
> imagepath.inc.map file pointed to with this line in the wmsContextServer map
> file: INCLUDE "../../../mapserv/conf/imagepath.inc.map"
>
> Its contents are:
> IMAGEPATH "/data/nl18/httpd/htdocs/ogc_tmp/"
> IMAGEURL "/ogc_tmp/"

Have you checked that you apache config files have not changed in some
way. For example, does it map IMAGEPATH to the IMAGEURL?

Also, when you test for accessibility to a particular path make sure you
first so something like:

sudo www-data

where www-data is the username of the apache process, then see if you
can cd to the appropriate directories and try to touch a file there to
make sure you have perms to create/update files.

-Steve W