[mapserver-users] - SQL Server 2008

Eduardo Kanegae eduardo.kanegae at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 09:49:27 EST 2011

The mapfile won't change so much. Basically your layer will have layer
name, type, connection type and then in connection param something
like

"MSSQL:dsn=MY_DSN;server=(local);database=DBNAME_HERE;tables=myscheme.mytable;uid=USER_HERE;pwd=PWD_HERE"
mytable

Check OGR docs for more info http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_mssqlspatial.html

You might need freetds + unixodbc too

http://www.sommarskog.se/mssqlperl/unix.html
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.tds.freetds/13292

In advance I can tell what I got: I gave up using default
geometry/spatial types/functions from SQL 2008 - to slow, no official
docs is available.

To speed it up, I installed MsSqlSpatial lib (originally developed for
SQL 2005 but also works for 2008) on SQL 2008 database + ODBC OGR
driver on MapServer. And then spatial SQL speed gone 10-15 times over
standard ms sql 2008 types

Eduardo Patto Kanegae
http://www.webmapit.com | @webmapit