[mapserver-users] comment out large section of map file

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Nov 28 10:08:46 EST 2011

On 11-11-28 12:38 AM, Matt McClelland wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I notice you can comment one line in a mapfile using a #
> Is there a way of commenting out a large section like in PHP where you
> use /*    */ ??
> It would be handing when working on large map files.
>
> Matt  :)

Hi Matt,

Besides the INCLUDE use, I am constantly constantly using a macro/plugin
for my text editor (on windows I use Notepad++ or TextPad) that both
have a plugin to allow you to select a whole block of your mapfile code
and then press a single button to add a '#' to the beginning of each
line selected - this is SO HANDY for managing mapfiles.  I live on this
plugin (they have a COMMENT or UNCOMMENT functionality).

Search your favorite text editor for a plugin/macro for adding comments
(#), it probably exists.

Happy editing!

-jeff

--