[mapserver-users] Cascading WFS through proxy, https and basic auth

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Nov 29 10:44:34 EST 2011

Hi,

We are successfully cascading WMS services which demand to use https and basic authentication with username and password.  Such a layer is defined as

CONNECTION "https://...."
        CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
        #DEBUG 5
        METADATA
          "wms_srs" "EPSG:2393"
          "wms_name" "name"
          "wms_server_version" "1.1.1"
          "wms_format" "image/png"
          "wms_auth_username" "username"
          "wms_auth_password" "password"
          "wms_proxy_host" "proxy.server"
          "wms_proxy_port" "8888"
        END

I made some fast trials to do the same with WFS but the first results were not promising. Could somebody tell me is it possible and should the metadata elements like above work also with WFS connection? I was blindly changing every wms_ into wfs_ and ows_ and resulted to something like

CONNECTION "https://...."
        CONNECTIONTYPE WFS
        #DEBUG 5
        METADATA
          "wfs_typename" "name"
          "wfs_version" "1.0.0"  #the only supported version
          "wfs_auth_username" "username"
          "wfs_auth_password" "password"
          "wfs_proxy_host" "proxy.server"
          "wfs_proxy_port" "8888"
        END

All I have received so far are curl errors.

-Jukka Rahkonen-