[mapserver-users] Prnting WMS layers

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Wed Nov 30 15:30:47 EST 2011

Hi all,

I've posted this to the GeoMoose list since the problem was occurring in
a GeoMoose application, but also would like to see what insights there
may be here on the MapServer list.  Sorry for any duplication.

I have a few WMS layers that I consume in GeoMoose. Some of these are
vector line layers such as roads. They look correct in the application's
map view. But when I compose a printable map, these layers have a black
background which obscures other layers. If I set the "transparent"
property to false, the black background goes away, but then I can't see
any underlying data.

By the way, I do have control over the WMS services in this case. I
tried to set Offsite to 0 0 0, but that didn't seem to help either. The
image format should be png, and as best as I can tell, this is what it's
producing.  The WMS is at MapServer 6.0.1, while the application is at
MS 5.6.  It appears to be some problem with the alpha channels. Any
suggestions?