[mapserver-users] Sporadically "Cannot create OCI handlers"

Meine Toonen meinetoonen at b3partners.nl
Tue Oct 25 08:00:50 EDT 2011

Hi list,

I have a layer defined in a mapfile, using an oracle connection. Most of the time this works, but sometimes I get an error.

The Error:
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'telvakken_l'.; msOracleSpatialLayerOpen(): OracleSpatial error. Cannot create OCI Handlers. Connection failed. Check the connection string.

Seems to me the connection string is fine, because it does work. Maybe you can help me? The layer is defined below:
The Mapfile:

LAYER      NAME "telvakken_l"      DATA "SHAPE from (select OBJECTID,TELPUNT,NAAM_WEGVA,BEHEERDER,BEGIN_HMP,EIND_HMP,WEGN,SHAPE from telvakken_l) using UNIQUE OBJECTID SRID 90112"      TYPE LINE        CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial      CONNECTION "UN/PW at DB"      PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"           METADATA   ows_title "Verkeerstelvakken"      ows_extent "150000 296000 223454 435000"      ows_abstract "Verkeerstelvakken"      gml_include_items "all"      gml_featureid "OBJECTID"      ows_metadataurl_format "text/xml"      ows_metadataurl_href "http://acceptatie.prvlimburg.nl/mapfiles/infrastructuur/metadata/telvakken_l.xml"      ows_metadataurl_type "FGDC"        END #METADATA      DUMP TRUE      OPACITY 85      STATUS on      UNITS METERS      TEMPLATE "/var/www/html/blank.html"      SIZEUNITS PIXELS      MINSCALEDENOM 0      MAXSCALEDENOM 10000000      TOLERANCE 3      TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS    PROJECTION         "init=epsg:28992"    END #PROJECTION           CLASS          NAME 'Verkeerstelvakken'           STYLE           WIDTH 2           COLOR 255 31 0        END #STYLE    END #CLASS      END #LAYER

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Meine Toonen
B3Partners BV