VS: [mapserver-users] WMS/WFS Mapserver Projection Error

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Sep 5 06:37:45 EDT 2011

Hi,

Your failing client is most probably sending WFS 1.1.0 version GetFeature request and therefore Mapserver is sending the coordinates in Latitude-Longitude order.  This is how the WFS 1.1.0 says it should be. According to the WFS 1.1.0 standard your client is doing it wrong. Lots of people have said that the WFS 1.1.0 standard is stupid.
If your client supports WFS 1.0.0 use that and the map will look good.  Have a try with your browser and you will see what I mean

http://your_server/cgi-bin/mapserv?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=your_typename&maxFeatures=1&map=your_mapfile
http://your_server/cgi-bin/mapserv?service=WFS&version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=your_typename&maxFeatures=1&map=your_mapfile

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Lucho  wrote:

Hi List,

I have a problem with some data when I'm publishing a WMS and then, publish the same data in a WFS service. Everithing is ok speaking about attending requests, but when I get the data with some clients, it seems that WFS has a total different projection.

The image attached explain better the situation.

In Quantum GIS the two services working well, but in other clients I have this problem. The data are in EPSG:4326

Any ideas?

Best regards,

--
LUIS FERNANDO ORTIZ REYES