[mapserver-users] Mapscript and wms client

Chris Jackson webturtles at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 01:57:07 EDT 2011

Hi Brent and Armin

The GetCapapabilies bit threw me!  Well the one I am trying to load is GEBCO
which I think is up.  Having said that I have just changed the wms_name and
reloaded the map and it works (maybe it just needed some sleep)..!

Out of interest how do you specify a given layer from the WMS in the mapfile
code and is the wms_name just a friendly name you use or specific to the WMS
too?

Separately Google maps layers, mapfiles and GDAL, from what I read loading
tiles this way this breaks Google's T&C because it bypasses their APIs,
anyone have a view....?

My GEBCO code is:

LAYER # GEBCO WMS map
    NAME         'gebco'