[mapserver-users] Dynamic map data input for mapserver

Wim Vanbelle wimvanbelle at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 06:41:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

When using routeplanners, you often get very detailed results of routes,
especially long ones, that need to be drawn by the client.

We are considering the option of using mapserver to render these results as
tiles.

What would be the best way to implement a thing like this?

I was thinking of generating some kind of WFS output that is used as input
for mapserver, but i'm not sure if it will be dynamic enough.

Or, can I for instance make a WMS request that actually specifies the whole
Linestring/polyline that needs to be drawn by mapserver?

Thanks for your insight.