[mapserver-users] Generic template for WMS GetFeatureInfo

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:43:06 EDT 2011

Hi Julian: You might try the [items] and [values] template tags combined with a little JavaScript. Those tags output a delimited list of items and values for a feature or set of features. You could split the output into arrays and display however you like. The attributes are just slammed together into 1 comma delimited string, so this approach won't work if your attribute data contains commas I fear. The same template in theory could be used for any layer then... You could use new-style templates (e.g. Via output formats) with template includes and handle this with 2 files- the main template and the shared include...

I notice those tags aren't documented so I'll create a ticket to do so. Should also probably enhance those tags, at least the values one, to take some simple formatting options.

Steve

Sent from my iPad