[mapserver-users] ogr casting limitations

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Thu Sep 15 14:45:42 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to find some documentation on using CAST.  I can cast 2 items, but not 3.

The following statements with 2 fields that are casted works:

DATA "Select CAST(NORTHING AS numeric (4,2)), CAST(EASTING AS numeric (4,2)) from MonumentsXYZ"
DATA "Select CAST(NORTHING AS numeric (4,2)), CAST(ELEVATION AS numeric (4,2)) from MonumentsXYZ"

The following statement with 3 fields casted does Not work.

DATA "Select CAST(NORTHING AS numeric (4,2)), CAST(EASTING AS numeric (4,2), CAST(ELEVATION AS numeric (4,2)) from MonumentsXYZ"

If anyone knows if I can cast 3 items over let me know

Thanks

Mark Volz