[mapserver-users] recommended tile caching mechanism with `mode=tile`

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Sun Sep 18 00:43:40 EDT 2011

On 11-09-18 12:08 AM, Mr. Puneet Kishor wrote:
> I am using MapServer cgi with `mode=tile` with a Google Maps front-end, and am wondering what is a recommended tile cache server.
>
> Any suggestions from personal experience?

MapServer MapCache of course! It is a fully featured, robust and fast
tiling server. Only available in MapServer SVN trunk at the moment.

http://mapserver.org/trunk/mapcache/

It was formerly known as Mod-Geocache until a few weeks ago... the
website is in the process of being migrated to the above URL, but in the
meantime you can still reach the old site:

http://code.google.com/p/mod-geocache/

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/