[mapserver-users] Abandoned railroad symbol

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at umb.no
Mon Sep 26 06:09:29 EDT 2011

Dear Bob,

Mapserver does not allow sensible styling of dashed lines with for
instance point symbols.
To be able to do this, a new mechanism will have to be introduced
(for instance INITIALGAP, as used in the SLD specification).  This
is what Mapserver ticket #3879 suggests.

Advanced styling of lines with point symbols is also hampered by the
strange calculation of GAP in Mapserver, as reported in ticket #3867.
GAP should, in my opinion, specify the centre to centre distance
between the point symbols.

Håvard Tveite