[mapserver-users] How to handle unavailable data source in mapObj layer?

Anzel, Phil - NRCS, Fort Collins, CO Phil.Anzel at ftc.usda.gov
Wed Aug 1 08:00:27 PDT 2012

Steve,

Thanks for the suggestion. New ticket opened as:

   Skip layers with specified WMS errors
   https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/4411

- Phil

On 7/31/2012 1:55 PM, Paolo Corti wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Stephen Woodbridge
> <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure if this will help, but have you tried using:
>>
>> MAP
>>      CONFIG ON_MISSING_DATA "IGNORE"
>>
>> -Steve W
>>

> Steve
> I think that is only for missing data in tile index, according to the
> documentation cheers p

Yeah, I was afraid that might be the case, because that is how I typically use it. You might want to open a ticket to add a feature like:

CONFIG ON_WMS_ERROR "IGNORE"
CONFIG ON_WMS_404 "IGNORE"

If this would be helpful to users.

-Steve W