[mapserver-users] clickable POI's

Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at usace.army.mil
Tue Aug 14 06:15:37 PDT 2012

Darwiet,

I would say that’s the best way but there is also imagemaps. See http://mapserver.org/output/imagemaps.html

Personally, I'd recommend the openlayers route.

Mike

--
Michael Smith
US Army Corps

From: star wiet <darwiet at googlemail.com<mailto:darwiet at googlemail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:53 AM
To: "mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>" <mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>>
Subject: [mapserver-users] clickable POI's

Dear MapServer Community,

I am new to MapServer and have one general question:
Is there any possibility to create "clickable" POI's/ Symbols in MapServer (like e.g. the googlemaps Photos or something like that)? The only thing I found so far is to combine MapServer and OpenLayers, but before entering that field I wanted to be sure, that this would be the only way.

If anyone can give me a link/ tip where to search, I woul really appreciate it!

Thank in advance,
Darwiet, Austria