[mapserver-users] how to add a time stamp on raster data

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Tue Aug 21 14:13:10 PDT 2012

Probably, you'd do it through an annotation layer. What version are you using? What interface (CGI, WMS, WCS)? Basically the idea would be to funnel the time parameter into a TEXT expression in the annotation layer. Layer would look like (assuming a variable called 'time' is passed) this I think:

LAYER
  NAME 'timestamp'
  TYPE ANNOTATION
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TRANSFORM LL # lower-left corner of the
  FEATURE
    POINTS 10 10 END
  END
  VALIDATION
    'time' 'some expression that matches time values'
  END
  CLASS
    LABEL
    END
    TEXT '%time%'
  END
END

This would plop the passed time in the lower left corner of the output, or at least I think it should.

Steve