[mapserver-users] Tile Index Issues

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Aug 22 06:03:25 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have a feeling that I had problems with vector tile index and native Mapserver connection. For some reason I have changed our mapfiles to connect with OGR. Anyway, now when I had a try, both are working. Perhaps I had some issues with GetFeatureInfo and not with GetMaps. I have created my tileindex shapefiles with ogrtindex utility, and location records look a bit different
z:\Data\contours\KM18M1BV.SHP,0
My connection alternatives which both work now (MS 6.0) are

CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
TILEINDEX "z:/data/Tindex/korkeusidx.shp,0"
# TILEINDEX "z:/data/Tindex/korkeusidx" #both with or without .shp works here
# TILEITEM "location"

-Jukka Rahkonen-