[mapserver-users] modify legend size at layer level

jorgelopez jorgelopez.physics at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 06:56:20 PDT 2012

Hello everyone:

I am struggling with this but I found no way to continue. I have stablished
predefined size of legend image at MAP level in the mapfile like this:

 LEGEND
      IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
      STATUS ON
      KEYSIZE 18 12  #tamanyo (pixels)
      OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
      LABEL
        TYPE BITMAP
        SIZE MEDIUM
        COLOR 0 0 89
      END #end label
      TRANSPARENT ON
END #end legend

and it display square boxes accordingly to specified sizes. I have not found
any way to generate an gradient colorbar for a raster file, so I decided to
attach a previosult-generated legend image. But legend images fit to
map-level sizes resulting too small and I would like to make this image
bigger.

I made some probe by modifying

# TO CONSTRUCT THE LEGEND DIRECTLY BY APPENDING AN IMAGE DISPLAYING IT
    CLASS
     NAME 'COLOUR_RAMP_1'
      STYLE
        WIDTH  30
#        OUTLINECOLOR   255 0 0
        SIZE   30
      END # end of style object
     KEYIMAGE 'gtopo30legend/gtopo30_legend.png'
#     KEYSIZE 90 90
    END

but no succeed at all. It mantains the same size (18x12).

Could someone tell me how to overwrite this size at layer-level ??

I try to take the generated getLegendGraphic URL by MapServer to see how
legend is sketched. Neither HEIGHT, WIDTH nor RULE are appended, so my image
results in smaller again.

generated:
"http://servername/ogc/wmstest?version=1.1.1&service=WMS&request=GetLegendGraphic&layer=USGS_RASTER_UNIFIED&format=image/png&STYLE=default

desired:
"http://servername/ogc/wmstest?version=1.1.1&service=WMS&request=GetLegendGraphic&layer=USGS_RASTER_UNIFIED&format=image/png&STYLE=default&rule=COLOUR_RAMP_1&WIDTH=30&HEIGHT=30

Does anybody know which params are to be defined in the mapfile to generate
the DESIRED URL.

Thank you in advance

JORGE