[mapserver-users] Error compiling Mapserver 6.0.3

Luís de Sousa luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 01:28:26 PDT 2012

Dear all, here's a digest of my exploits today:

. The error on mapparser.y was coming up because I was trying to recompile
without cleaning first;

. The compile process doesn't go through without yacc (byacc in this case)
installed;

. With yacc installed the compilation goes through a good length and then
fails on maplexer.l:
maplexer.l: In function ‘msyylex’:
maplexer.l:178: error: ‘IN’ undeclared (first use in this function)
maplexer.l:178: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
maplexer.l:178: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [maplexer.o] Error 1

I have tried to use touch again, as Thomas suggested, but this error
remains. Is there any other way to avoid the generation of maplexer.c? Would
editing the makefile be an option?

Also important to note that this behaviour is exactly the same with either
Mapserver 6.0.1 or 6.0.3.

Thank you for reading,

Luís