[mapserver-users] PostGIS query

Carlos Ruiz boolean10001 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 11:30:56 EST 2012

Hi Julien,

> I usually use a view, but in this case there are a lot of tables
> involved and I would like to avoid dozens of unnecessary JOIN

I think that you have a database design problem.

You can have a lot of tables which concerns to a different objects, but you need to show some information on a map which involves many of those tables. That's why you have to create different views or in the worst case, a super view as a spreadsheet.

I guess that's why you're talking about unnecessary JOINs, but in the end, you'll need to use them to create the multiple data sources or the super data source of your layers in the .MAP file.

IC Carlos Ruiz